Sunday, 24 August 2008
Sunday Election Issues - 24 August 2008
This Sunday post is a collection of links to elderblog stories about the issues that are important to understand in making our choices on who to vote for in the November election. You can read the original post announcing this feature here.
The Renewal of the Cold War?
• From Mort Reichek of Octogenarian: Georgia and a Truculent John McCain
A View of the U.S. Election From Germany
• From Lia of Yum Yum Café: My Personal Vantage Point
Religion and Integrity of the Candidates
• From Rain of Rainy Day Thoughts: McCain and the Solzhenitsyn Story
• From Gary White at Having Fun Until I Die: The Noose Tightens
The Legacy of the Bush Administration
• From Darlene of Darlene’s Hodgepodge: No Blood for Oil
The Continuing Importance of Hurricane Katrina
• From Citizen K: Katrina Fatigue
The New Anti-Entitlement Documentary
• From NCPSSM: I.O.U.S.A. – Fiscal Fortitude or Trojan Horse?
• When the lineup of speakers for the Republic Convention was announced this week, campaign manager, Rick Davis, made a point to note the list’s diversity. The speakers (in addition to Senator McCain and whomever his vice presidential running mate is) are President Bush, Laura Bush, Joe Lieberman, Dick Cheney, Arnold Schwarznegger, Rudy Giuliani, Fred Thompson, Mike Huckabee, Bobby Jindal, Carly Fiorino, Mitt Romney, Sam Brownbeck, Tim Pawlenty, Tom Ridge and Cindy McCain.
You can’t help asking: Do two wives and a failed female CEO constitute diversity in Republicanland?