Do you ever just go brain dead in terms of your blog? That’s where I am today, as though I’ve never once had a thought about getting old or aging in general or much of anything else – as though it’s hollow between my ears.
So now, after years of having demeaned memes, I’ve finally figured out what they’re good for – days like today. I grabbed this one from Millie Garfield at My Mom’s Blog who got it from Claude at Blogging in Paris.
Four Jobs I’ve Had
- Scooping ice cream in a snack shack on the beach
- In pre-computer days, typing the same letter again and again all day with different addressees
- Working for a match-making service before the internet came along
- Writing product puff pieces for an in-flight magazine
Four Places I Have Been
- Warsaw – the head of state kissed my hand
- Tuskegee Institute – where the infamous syphilis studies were done on blacks without treating them
- The Old City of Jerusalem - talk about timeless
- The Island of Mustique
Four Favorite Foods
- Steamed lobster
- Cold, cracked Dungeness crab on a hot, summer day
- Steak at Peter Luger’s
- Onion Tart at Lutece, a restaurant which unfortunately no longer exists
Four All Time Favorites
- Movie: The Third Man and Men in Black – I watch each at least twice a year
- Band: Any group with Eric Clapton
- Play: Angels in America and Our Town
- Singer: too many to list
Anyone else want to take this up?
[At The Elder Storytelling Place today, Mort Reichek provides some strong memories from 62 years ago in My Introduction to India.]