I'm taking a day off from blogging but here are a couple of housekeeping items.
There is a new addition to the TGB feature, Where Elders Blog, from a woman who calls herself The Little Old Lady. Take a look.
Attention people who read TimeGoesBy via email and rss: Recently, there has been a fairly large uptick in comments sent to me via email. This happens when you hit "reply" in the email or rss.
When you do so, only I see your comment via email. A lot of these comments are pithy, useful, funny, interesting or all of the above and it would be good for other readers to see them. Here is how to do that:
- Click on the title of the story
- This opens the same blog story in your web browser
- Scroll down to the bottom and click "Comments"
- Previous comments will display
- Scroll to the end of the current comments (you might enjoy reading them first) where you will find a box labeled "Post a Comment"
- Write your comment, fill in the required information and then click "Post"
- Your comment will soon appear at the bottom of the comments list
The comments are a rich addition to whatever the day's story is - often better than the story itself - and if you're not clicking over to read them, you are missing the conversation which is a big point of blogging, as well as, often, a lot of good information or, at least, a laugh or even a Wow! moment.
This also saves me the time of explaining this process in reply to each and every email which helps make me a happier person.
At The Elder Storytelling Place today, Lyn Burnstine: Key to My Heart